MTI Bioscience’s thermal sterilisers and can be used for applications ranging from media sterilisation through to viral inactivation. Flow rates range from 0.3L/min up to 12L/min. The systems are fully automated and can be customised to your exact requirements.
MTI Bioscience is a division of Microthermics who have been active in the food and beverage sector since 1989 where continuous processing and sterilisation is common place.
Continuous Thermal Process Flow-Diagram and Time-Temperature History
What is Continuous Thermal Sterilisation
In Continuous Thermal Sterilisation (CTS), media is pumped through:
- Heat exchangers to rapidly heat it to process temperatures of 138-150°C
- An insulated hold tube to retain it at temperature for just a few seconds
- Cooling heat exchangers to rapidly cool it to the required finish temperature
- The resulting overall heat exposure of the media is a fraction of what it sees in traditional autoclave processes.
- Additionally, the heat exposure is completely uniform.
- Produces High Quality/Highly functional media with no degradation due to variable or prolonged heat exposure typical of autoclave and large volume bioreactors.
- Gentle process, can produce media failing in autoclave sterilisation and scale-up.
- Produces Completely Uniform Media o No variation within batch or from batch to batch like from autoclaving
- More energy, time and manpower efficient than autoclaving.
- Scalable – scaling to larger or smaller batches is quick and easy
- Real-time process validation to cGMP requirements due process control and stability
- Highly flexible configuration can easily switch from one product to another. Ideal for R&D and rapid production environments.