CTS yields the highest quality, most functional media, void of variation due to inconsistent heating. It is more energy and time efficient, requiring less manpower than other sterilisation methods. As a continuous flow process, it easily scales up or down to meet changing demands. Adopting CTS allows you to benefit from its improved quality, productivity and reduced costs.
- Produces High Quality/Highly functional media with no degradation due to variable or prolonged heat exposure typical of autoclave and large volume bioreactors. o Gentle process, can produce media failing in autoclave sterilization and scale-up.
- Produces Completely Uniform Media o No variation within batch or from batch to batch like from autoclaving
- More energy, time and manpower efficient than autoclaving.
- Scalable – scaling to larger or smaller batches is quick and easy
- Real-time process validation to cGMP requirements due process control and stability
- Highly flexible configuration can easily switch from one product to another. Ideal for R&D and rapid production environments.
Available Options (Partial List)
- Custom Flow Rates and Processes
- cGMP Package
- Chart Recorders, digital and electronic (25 CFR part 111 compliant)
- Custom Integration and Programming
Unlike batch processes, our CTS processors scale to your changing needs. They are available in a wide variety of capacities. We have standard designs with flow rates from 60 to 600 Liters/Hour. Other flow rates are available upon request.
More on MTI BioScience
MTI Bioscience provides continuous thermal sterilisation (CTS) systems for heat denaturation of microorganisms. This established technology provides very gentle, quick heating and is validated in real time providing consistent product quality that is easily scalable.
Tom’s take on this product
Consistent: MTI’s continuous thermal sterilisers produce high quality and highly functional media with no degradation due to variable or prolonged heat exposure as can be the case with autoclaving and large volume bioreactors. The gentle process produces completely uniform media with no variation within batch or from batch to batch.
Scaleable: Continuous sterilisers are highly scaleable and are well suited to today’s move towards continuous processing. The amount of media produced is purely a function of flowrate and time unlike a batch process which can cause bottlenecks. MTI have a range of instruments available depending on the flowrate desired.
Did you know?
MTI’s entire range of instruments can be built to exacting cGMP standards as required by pharmaceutical production processes.
Make an enquiry
Example Flow Diagram
Growth media is subject to a wide variety of contamination. These can vary from yeast and molds to mycoplasma, and even viruses. If media is not properly sterilized these result in the loss of your valuable fermentations and production. A CTS eliminates this problem by sterilizing your media continuously as it feeds your media storage containers or bioreactors.
Process Scaling and Optimisation
In unprocessed media normal contamination will grow and cause problems in very little time. It is important to match your needs with the throughput of the CTS. MTI BioScience® Continuous Thermal Sterilizers are available in a variety of capacities. Each can function over a range of flow rates and temperatures. This enables us to match the capacity to your current and future needs, and optimize a thermal process to yield your highest quality media.
Additionally, we offer small, lab-scale processors that can be used for small applications or process and product development.
Integration with Existing Equipment & Facilities
Continuous Thermal Sterilisers can be easily integrated into your overall facility and process with options such as:
- Custom integration and programming packages
- Real time data to be transmitted to your SCADA systems for real-time validation of the process
- Options such as cGMP packages, chart recorders, and custom flow rates