The Thomson Optimum Growth™ family of products is expanding into downstream processing with a revolutionary new technology – Rapid Clear Cap – that allows high speed clarification of cellular material.
The filters work by simply switching the vented Optimum Growth Cap to the Rapid Clear Cap. The only equipment required is a peristaltic pump. In initial testing the units can filter up to 2.5L-3L of high density culture, 6×10^6 -20×10^6 @ >70% viability, in approximately 18 minutes. This technique will transform the time consuming and laborious task of harvesting cells to a rapid walk away procedure.
- Save time, clarify 3L of cell culture in less than 35 minutes – with no centrifugation required*!
- Reduce consumables used by up to 90%
- Walk away convenience and safety – minimise endotoxin exposure
- 0.2μm filter, eliminates multiple filtration steps and in some cases centrifugation*
- Significant time savings versus traditional spin down technique
- Cell clarification of low or high density cultures of CHO stable, CHO transient, HEK293, hybridoma, and other mammalian cell lines
- Eliminates transfer steps: The Rapid Clear® Cap screws directly onto the Optimum Growth™ Flask
- Secondary cap attaches to a new Optimum Growth™ Flask or to a storage container with a Luer lock
Thomson Instrument Company
Thomson Instrument Company has been serving the pharmaceutical and life science industries since 1970. Their lasting commitment to provide customer satisfaction and quality products has enabled them to maintain a solid reputation throughout the industry. Thomson’s range of innovate consumables and equipment help make your lab more efficient. Their filter vials speed up prep and analysis, while their patented optimum growth and ultra high yield flasks with AirOTop seals provide the perfect environment to enhance cell growth. Their range of well plates represent a cross section of plates for many different needs.