The Solaris M-Series: Standard SIP Pilot-Industrial Solutions
More on Solaris Biotech
Solaris is a modern, dynamic company specialising in the production of high quality and innovative fermenters and bioreactors for the biotechnology industry. Solaris’ broad range of products are flexible and easy to use, ensuring there is always a solution specific to your needs and requirements, from research to cGMP production. Solaris provides for customers in the pharmaceutical, chemical, food and agricultural industry as well as private and public research institutes.
Emma’s take on this product
Technical Sales Specialist
Accessible: Solaris aims to provide advanced yet accessible solutions to our customers. Systems can be configured to exactly match your budgeting and process requirements. Bioreactors and fermenters are available in scales as small as 120ml and all the way up to 30,000L.
Specialist: Solaris not only offers off-the-shelf systems, but turnkey solutions for their customers. They can assist their clients in the design and manufacturing of completely integrated turn-key process plants for nearly any application, whether that be biopharma, biotech, food and beverage, and many more. .
Did you know?
Leonardo 3.0 is the software installed on all Solaris’ fermenters and bioreactors, from benchtop units to pilot and industrial scales.
Make an enquiry
Features & Benefits
- 6 different volumes: 30 L, 50 L, 75 L, 100 L, 150 L, 200 L.
3:1 H/D ratio.
- Parts in contact with the culture AISI 316 L, other parts AISI 304.
- Finishing: mirror polished (internal and external).
- Compact design.
- Double jacket (side/bottom), for higher heat transfer efficiency and optimal temperature control.
- Bacteria (Toro sparger, Rushton impellers) and cell cultures (Sintered sparger, Marine impellers) configurations available.
- Welded baffles.
- Wide range of measurement and control options for cell cultures and aerobic/anaerobic microbial fermentations, including temperature, pH, dO2, dCO2, redox, antifoam, level, conductivity, weight, cell density (total cells, viable cells).
- Modbus digital sensors.
- Suitable for batch, fed-batch and continuous processes.
- Stainless-steel industrial PCS LEM_2, with a selectable number of peristaltic pumps, choosing between Watson Marlow WM 114, WM 313 and WM 520.
- Powerful and accurate (1 RPM) brushless motor, mounted on top.
- Different gas mixing strategies with a selectable number of TMFCs or solenoid valves, for air, O2, CO2 and N2.
- SALAS (Solaris Sterile Liquid Addition System) included in the standard configuration.
- Up to 2 steam bridges (re-sterilizable diaphragm valves for inoculum/feedings) can be added in option (with manual or automatic sterilization control).
- Non-SIP sampling and harvest valves are included in the standard configuration. Steam SIP lines can be added in option. Manual or automatic sterilization.
- TK connection.
- Tri-Clamp stainless steel piping.
- Single mechanical seal. Double mechanical seal, with automatic lubrication though steam condensate loop available in option.
- Thermoregulation loop consisting of n.2 heat exchangers and recirculating pump.
- Separate drains: cooling water return, condense drain to waste, hot condense return.
Gravimetric flow control (option): feed rates controlled through weight measurement.
CIP system options: n. of removable spray balls or integrated system (recirculating pump + n. of removable spray balls + software automation). N. of spray balls depending on vessel volume.
- Optional vessel empty sterilization.
Automation and Software
Innovative SCADA software LEONARDO 3.0: a smart and user-friendly controller designed to provide a high level of automated management of the fermentation/cultivation processes.
- 24” coloured touch screen industrial HMI.
- Included in the equipment supply.
- Data extraction in .csv format.
- Remote access via PC, tablet or smartphone, with QR code scanning or dedicated portal.
- Remote control for after sale assistance.