The Solaris IO is a mini fermenter/bioreactor suitable for beginners and experienced users alike.
- The ideal device for innovative parallel process development
- Total volumes 200 mL and 1000 mL
- 2 different ratios
- Ideal for applications including:
- Cell and strain screening
- Protein expression and kinetics
- Fermentation optimisation
- Synthetic biology
- Enzyme activity tests
Single & parallel autoclavable stirred mini-fermenter/bioreactor
The Solaris IO can be used for; process development and optimisation, education, basic research, scale-up and scale-down studies and small production.
Solaris IO features & benefits
- Single-wall borosilicate glass vessel, with thermoregulation performed through a Peltier Cell (no need for an external chiller/water supply).
- Different configurations available for microbial (aerobic/anaerobic) and cell culture applications, with the choice of Rushton/Marine/Pitched-Blade impellers and fluted/L-shaped sparger.
- Wide range of measurement and control options, including temperature, pH, dO 2 , dCO 2 , redox, antifoam, level, conductivity, weight, cell density (total cells, viable cells).
- Modbus digital sensors reduce background noise and guarantee quick response time.
- Suitable for batch, fed-batch and continuous processes.
- Powerful and accurate (1 RPM) brushless motor.
- Optional integration of up to 4 analog input/output connections, choosing between 0-10 V and 0-20 mA/4-20 mA (e.g. pumps or valves with power supply independent from Solaris electrical cabinet)
- Different gas mixing strategies with up to 5 TMFC and/or solenoid valves.
- Gas out can be optionally integrated with a condenser with Peltier Cell.
- Extremely compact system maximizes lab space.
Solaris IO software
- Innovative SCADA software LEONARDO 3.0: a smart and user-friendly controller designed to provide a high level of automated management of the fermentation/cultivation processes.
- Full version included in the equipment supply.
- Up to 24 units managed in parallel with a unique HMI (24”).
- Data extraction in .csv format.
- Remote access via PC, tablet or smartphone, with QR code scanning or dedicated portal.
- Remote control for after sale assistance.
Other products in the Solaris range
Solaris is a modern, dynamic company specialising in the production of high quality and innovative fermenters and bioreactors for the biotechnology industry. Solaris’ broad range of products are flexible and easy to use, ensuring there is always a solution specific to your needs and requirements, from research to cGMP production. Solaris provides for customers in the pharmaceutical, chemical, food and agricultural industry as well as private and public research institutes.