ELARA ST is a stirred jacketed photobioreactor ideal for phototrophic organisms such as Moss, Microalgae, Bacteria and plant cells. The fully removable light module allows to use Elara as a traditional fermenter/bioreactor.
The Solaris Elara ST
Single & parallel autoclavable stirred photobioreactor
- 4 L total volume borosilicate glass vessel, 3:1 H/D ratio.
- Different configurations available, with the choice of Rushton/Marine/Pitched-Blade impellers, and Toro/Sintered sparger.
- Wide range of measurement and control options, including temperature, pH, dO 2 , dCO 2 , redox, antifoam, level, conductivity, weight, cell density (viable cells).
- Modbus digital sensors reduce background noise and guarantee quick response time.
- Suitable for batch, fed-batch and continuous processes.
- Compact and modular PLC-based PCS LEM_1 , with n. 4 built-in fixed speed Watson Marlow pumps. Variable speed pumps can be integrated as option.
- Powerful and accurate (1 RPM) brushless motor.
- Optional integration of up to 4 analog input/output connections, choosing between 0-10 V and 0-20 mA/4-20 mA (e.g. pumps or valves with power supply independent from Solaris electrical cabinet).
- Different gas mixing strategies with up to 5 TMFC and/or solenoid valves.
- Fully removable and cleanable glass jacket for improved heat transfer during autoclaving.
- LEDA Sterile sampling system, which allows up to 180 sterile samplings per batch, is available as option.
- Light module consisting of n.3 vertical bars with 6 white dynamic LEDs each; Each LED consists of four chips: n.2 dedicated to warm white light (2700 K) and n.2 for cool white light (6500 K)
- LED total power: 180W; LED brightness: 6120 lm.
- Automatic and manual control of light intensity and circadian cycle simulation.
- The light spectrum is selectable, and the light intensity is dimmable from 0-100% up to 3000 μmol(photon)/m2.
More on Solaris Biotech
Solaris is a modern, dynamic company specialising in the production of high quality and innovative fermenters and bioreactors for the biotechnology industry. Solaris’ broad range of products are flexible and easy to use, ensuring there is always a solution specific to your needs and requirements, from research to cGMP production. Solaris provides for customers in the pharmaceutical, chemical, food and agricultural industry as well as private and public research institutes.
Emma’s take on this product
Technical Sales Specialist
Accessible: Solaris aims to provide advanced yet accessible solutions to our customers. Systems can be configured to exactly match your budgeting and process requirements. Bioreactors and fermenters are available in scales as small as 120ml and all the way up to 30,000L.
Specialist: Solaris not only offers off-the-shelf systems, but turnkey solutions for their customers. They can assist their clients in the design and manufacturing of completely integrated turn-key process plants for nearly any application, whether that be biopharma, biotech, food and beverage, and many more. .
Did you know?
Leonardo 3.0 is the software installed on all Solaris’ fermenters and bioreactors, from benchtop units to pilot and industrial scales.
Make an enquiry
Solaris ELARA Software
- Innovative SCADA software LEONARDO 3.0: a smart and user-friendly controller designed to provide a high level of automated management of the fermentation/cultivation processes.
- Full version included in the equipment supply.
- Up to 24 units managed in parallel with a unique HMI (24”).
- Data extraction in .csv format.
- Remote access via PC, tablet or smartphone, with QR code scanning or dedicated portal.
- Remote control for after sale assistance.