Single-use capacitance based biomass sensors for Thermo Scientific single-use bioreactors.
ABER’s on-line biomass monitors measure viable cell density in real-time through capacitance readings, giving a continuous, in-situ representation of viable cell concentration, eliminating the need for offline sampling. All the probes are ready for use in cGMP environments.
ABER offers the widest range of reusable and single-use sensors for your cell counting and monitoring needs, whether they are for benchtop, scale-up or cGMP in single-use or reusable formats, the readings are comparable.
The measurement principle is based on capacitance. In an alternating electrical field, viable cells behave like small capacitors due to a build-up of charge across the cell membrane. The charge from these capacitors is measured and can be strongly correlated to cell density. Non-viable cells do not hold charge and as such, are not measured by the technology.
- Eliminate the need for regular sampling and congested labs
- Automate control of critical events throughout your process via a continuous data stream
- Improve the productivity and consistency of your process
- Track record of success in cGMP environments
- Troubleshooting tool to detect source of process deviation
- Receive world-class support from the foremost experts in the technology
- Non-disruptive cell density measurements
- Fingerprint your process for real-time detection of deviations
- Reduce process contamination risk related to manual sampling
ABER instruments Ltd was founded in 1988 and since then, has been responsible for setting the benchmark in innovation with the development and commercial application of the radio frequency impedance method for measuring live biomass. As a successful global company, ABER provides thousands of advanced systems for some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies. The Biotech Futura range contains compact, lightweight biomass monitoring instrumentation for use on conventional and disposable bioreactors.